Laser Hair Removal
Ever have an embarrassing moment with excessive body or facial hair before? Are you tired of waxing, shaving or even plucking as your daily routine? The result of these traditional procedures tends to be temporary, making way to modern technologies which are much safer, quicker and more reliable. Fortunately, there is now a more permanent method for removing body hair using a non-invasive procedure called laser hair removal.
What exactly is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a light-based technology that uses laser beam to inhibit hair growth. Laser goes through the skin and the intense heat causes damage to the hair follicles and loss of its function. As a result, the hair will be fewer in volume and lower in density. Hair will also be less visible or noticeable as it changes to finer texture and lighter color. Generally, the extent of hair reduction depends on the number of laser hair removal treatments undergone and maintenance or return visits to the treatment center. This option offers a quick and effective solution for permanent reduction of unwanted body hair.
How do I know if laser treatment is suitable for me?
The technology is applicable to everyone who wants to remove unwanted hair on the legs, arms, chest and back, and face area except the area surrounding the eyelids. Laser hair removal is an effective solution for people who have light skin color and dark hair. The darker hair which contains more melanin will absorb higher intensity of laser energy that impair the hair follicles. Latest breakthrough in the laser beam technology has also made it possible to treat people with dark skin or light color hair effectively and safely.
What special preparation do I need before the actual procedure?
The preparation usually performs since six weeks before the procedure with following things to perform:
- Refrain from sunbathing, tanning, and undergoing chemical peels or collagen injections a few weeks prior to your appointment.
- Avoid electrolysis, plucking or waxing before the procedure. You may, however, trim or shave.
- Do not use perfumes, deodorants or creams on your skin immediately before and after the treatment.
- Inform us if you are taking anticoagulants, aspirin, drugs or supplements.
Which body parts can be treated with laser hair removal?
- Face – hair on the upper lip (moustache), chin, jaw line (beard), eyebrows
- Arms – underarms, lower arms, upper arms
- Body – chest, nipples, abdomen, back
- Legs – bikini area, thigh, lower leg
What can I expect on the day of laser hair removal?
Here are some steps that you might experience when you have your laser hair removal:
- You will be made to wear goggles.
- Hair will be trimmed.
- Topical Anesthetic will be applied on the area to be treated.
- A cooling gel will be applied on the tip of the laser instrument.
- A hand-held laser device is then used to let light go through your skin and onto the hair follicles.
- The time of each session depends on the size of the area to be treated and the color and density of your hair.
How many sessions will be necessary to achieve optimal results?
About 4-6 sessions spaced at monthly intervals will be necessary to achieve optimal results. The number of sessions required will be recommended depending on hair density, the size of area to be treated and natural skin pigmentation.
What are the advantages of laser hair removal?
- It is quick and generally painless, with very minimal side effects.
- It is more effective for removing hair in different parts of the body than IPL, for instance, because laser light is more precise at targeting hair follicles. Hence, it is less likely to cause burns or other skin damage.
- Laser hair removal systems use single-wavelength beam which targets melanin in the hair selectively. In comparison, IPL uses broad-spectrum light which is dispersed and not concentrated on the hair follicle.
- For many people laser hair removal offers a permanent pain-free hair reduction solution to unwanted body hair.
- The results of laser hair removal will definitely last much longer than conventional methods like shaving, waxing and plucking which in turn saving your precious time for other activities.
What results can I expect after the treatment?
Generally, after 4-6 sessions, hair reduction will be significantly evident. Hair becomes finer and much less noticeable. People who didn’t have very dense hair before the treatment will have more permanent results after several treatment sessions. Compared to shaving, waxing or hair removal creams which only removes the hair shaft, the laser treatment causes permanent damage to the hair follicles which deeply seated underneath the skin. Results may vary from one person to another, multiple treatments and periodic maintenance sessions will significantly deliver better and prolonged results.
What is the post treatment care after the laser hair treatment?
- Immediately after the laser procedure, there might be some temporary redness observed on the targeted skin area for minutes or hours.
- If you feel the skin is dry and flaky, you can apply soothing moisturizer to relieve the discomfort.
- Avoid exposure to sun or tanning beds within one week after the procedure. Use sunscreen beyond this period every time you expose yourself to the sun.
- Avoid hot shower and sauna as the treated area will be sensitive for a few days.
- Use mild soap and water to wash the treated area. Do not rub your skin vigorously.
- Also remember to avoid plucking, waxing or scrubbing for few days following the treatment.
Is the treatment safe? Any complications or side effects?
The majority of individuals has not experienced any complications other than temporary skin redness.
Is there any “down time” after a Laser Hair Removal treatment?
There is no down-time and most people can resume their daily activities immediately after the treatment.
Is laser hair removal offered for men, too?
Yes, we recognize the need for men to look their best, too, so we have made our facilities and services available for both men and women. The most common areas to be treated for men are the back, chest, underarm, chin and upper lip.
How much will this treatment cost?
The treatment cost will depend on the person’s skin color, hair color and density, the size of the area to be treated and the frequency of the treatment. It would be best to visit us and have your beauty needs properly assessed.
I am interested! How do I get started?
It’s quite simple, really! Just call us or fill up the contact form in our website and you’re set for a consultation appointment. We always want to ensure that you got the optimal result with our treatment.