Men Laser Hair Removal
Hair removal is an aesthetic option not only for women, but also for men. Long before hair removal options have become a craze among women, shaving of facial hairs had already been a tradition among men. Today, men’s options have considerably widened. Modern methods use laser to remove excessive hair on the neck, chest, back and ingrown hairs anywhere on the body. The laser hair removal method is a procedure that offers a generally painless and more permanent solution to reduction and removal of unwanted hair among men.
What must I know about male laser hair removal?
- It is more difficult to remove male hair from its site than it is to remove female hair. The male hormone is responsible for male hair that is thicker in texture, is sturdier in quality, and grows more profusely.
- Most guys prefer to shave because it is undoubtedly the easiest and cheapest way to eliminate excess Shaving, however, gives the hair a blunt tip and makes it appear thicker as it grows back. Shaving and plucking result to unsightly stubbles.
- Shaving, waxing and plucking all have short-term effects, as they only remove the hair shaft. Breakthroughs in light-based technology made way to IPL, electrolysis and laser treatment options which offer more permanent benefits, because they target the growth center of hair – the hair follicle.
- Laser hair removal is a safe and more advanced process than the others mentioned and is applicable for almost any part of the body with hair growth.
- Laser is more effective in removing ingrown hairs than other methods, such as IPL. Ingrown hairs and beard stubbles are recurring problems among men.
- The most commonly treated areas are the back, chest, underarm, beard, neck and face. These areas are also associated with such problems as ingrown hairs, stubbles and shaving rashes.
- Not so common, but also often requested, is the removal of hair wherever they grow – on the arms, abs and shoulders.
When does laser hair removal become necessary for men?
When hair growth is so excessive that it causes embarrassment or health problems, hair removal becomes necessary. Body hair can cause skin irritation, infections and hygienic issues. Too much facial hair conceals the face and its features. Removing hair in the traditional methods can be time-consuming, unsafe and ineffective. The laser method provides a longer lasting option that is safe and painless.
Why should I consider the laser method over other methods?
Laser systems operate on a focused wavelength of light; hence, more powerful and effective. Intense pulsed light (IPL), on the other hand, also uses photothermolysis but the light beam is directed to the skin at diffused and less powerful wavelengths.
Laser hair removal is administered using hand-held device with a cooling gel on the tip. It is generally painless, which cannot be said of IPL or electrolysis. Electrolysis uses an electronic probe to apply heat or chemical, or a combination of both, to damage the hair follicle directly instead of the pigment called melanin. The procedure, however, can be painful. This also requires more number of treatment sessions than a laser hair removal method would.
How many treatments sessions do I need, and how long does a session take?
On the average, about 4-6 treatments will be needed spaced 5-6 weeks apart. The actual number will be based on skin color, hair color and type, and the size of the site to be treated. Facial hair, for example, may take 4-6 treatments, but a copiously-haired back will require about 6-12 treatments. Treatment sessions will be spaced closer for a fair skinned man than it will be for one who has dark skin. Maintenance sessions may be required once or twice a year to ensure long-term hairless condition.
The time it takes to remove hair depends on the area being treated. For instance, removal of hair from a man’s back will take between 30 minutes and 1 hour. Removal of beard will take around 30 minutes, while removal of hair on the stomach will take around 20 minutes.
How much does laser hair removal cost?
The price for laser hair removal for men largely depends on the size of the site to be treated. Your skin color and hair type will also matter since these factors determine the number of sessions required and the length of interval between sessions for the treatment to be effective. You will be pleased to know that we have made our price schemes affordable for all; so pick up that phone now! We will be more than glad to provide you with details and the price that applies your particular situation.
We will make your hair removal experience a lot simpler, safer and certainly more pain-free. The effects are longer lasting, too! Contact our staff for any question regarding the services we offer or for an appointment. Just give us a call to book for a consultation. We don’t only provide laser treatment services; our expert reviews results on the treatment administered to ensure our clients’ long-term satisfaction. Your first visit might just mark the start of a more permanent solution to your unwanted body hair.