Underarm Laser Hair Removal
What facts do I need to know about laser hair removal for the underarms?
Here are important things about underarm hair removal by the laser method:
- Laser passes through the skin as light beam and targets the melanin at the root of hair follicles.
- Light energy transforms to heat and damages hair follicles in the anagen stage.
- Laser hair removal treatment is a permanent hair reduction
- It was initially used to treat people with light skin type and dark hair, but latest innovations can now be used safely for people with darker skin color.
- Several treatments will be needed for long-term benefits.
Why is laser hair removal preferable over other methods of armpit hair removal?
How many treatments are needed to have a permanent effect?
Will there be absolutely no hair on my armpit after I undergo the treatment?
Will hair removal through laser be painful? Are there side effects?
There’s practically no pain. Plucking and waxing are way more painful. Modern gadgets have a cooling system to protect the skin. There’s a slight sensation that clients compare to a rubber band snapping against the skin. There can be mild redness especially to those with sensitive skin, but these effects normally subside in a couple of hours or less. Many clients return to their normal activities right after the treatment session.